The C&A Foundation and HiiL are seeking innovative ideas that foster fair living wages and enable more fair and stable conditions within the garment industry. Private companies, NGOs, government agencies and individuals are encouraged to apply.
Innovations can address topics such as:
- Collective bargaining and dialogue mechanisms
- Mechanisms to protect and ensure freedom of association rights
- Contract negotiation innovations
- Minimum wage setting – relevant rule-making mechanisms
- Transparent payment and accounting mechanisms
- Grievance and dispute management mechanisms
- Initiatives that improve factory productivity in a way that can lead to wage increases
- Operation of collective agreements and living wages or minimum wages
- Due diligence and risk management related to purchasing practices and the supply chain
- Trust building and transparency enhancing innovations
- Initiatives that improve living standards
More than 100,000 euros have been set aside by the challenge organizers to help top submissions further their impact and ensure their financial sustainability. The deadline for entry submissions is June 30, 2014.
More information can be found at: https://www.hiil.org/insight/living-wage-innovation-challenge